Do not hesitate to ask our help, for we well know how hard any chosen path can be. Take a drink and tell us of your issues, only then may a problem be solved in peace and quietness
Greetings dear members!
The new rules
I realized a few things:
1. It is psychologically hard to go into group gallery and pick up a single work to critique on. A person doesn't like doing that.
2. The linking on deviation submission also feels awkward to people.
3. Most people give less then 5 critiques in a week (thank you, those who voted on the poll)
Now I have devised a simple plan for submissions which will be implemented before this coming weekend ends. It is this: you are allowed to submit to the folder "Submissions" with a weekly limit of 7 works per week, for the remaining January. Each work submitted will get One critique automatically from the Admin.
Then, before the start of the second month, we will make a Journal "Underappreciated works" which will feature works we feel require more feedback. Members will be asked to comment/critique on those works.
One critique will allow submissions for one week.
Two critiques will allow submission for two weeks.
Three critiques will allow submission for the entire month.
The members will have to comment on the journal with the title/link to the deviation he has commented on. This will give us ease in accepting the works. Further rules will be added and you will be informed when the folder opens and changes are implemented.
Advantages of commenting:
1. It will give you exposure to different works.
2. It allows you to submit and thus get critiques from Admin.
3. More critiques will give you a higher chance to be featured in the next feature due to allowed number of submissions as well as our own descision.
Lastly, since this group is for critiques, I have planned a proper plan of getting many, detailed critiques which I shall discuss later. I would love to get suggestions for further improvement or different ideas. Do cooperate with us and we will ensure you a friendly and helping atmosphere.
Rules for submitting are as follows:
1. At the moment, literature is allowed; no other form of art
2. Only for remaining January, works are accepted without any critique. After that, submissions will be allowed on the comment/critique basis discussed above
3. Submission limit is 5 works per week
4. The single critique that you get on submission will not necessarily be a targetted critique - depending on the work, it may be short or generic. Please bear with it and if you feel it is totally inadequate, note me, ~NotenSMSK
5. The critique/comment you give on a work has to be more than simple praise - it should have any technical aspect or perhaps show your understanding or point out places for improvements. In short, one liner comments will not be considered as critiques and you will have to give another comment, whether on the same work or a different one.
6. Title or link should be added as a comment in the "underappreciated works" Journal.
7. All works will be considered when choosing for the "underappreciated works" feature but works submitted to either to too many groups (50+) or having a lot of original, constructive comments will be given slightly less priority than works having lesser comments/exposure.
8. While the woks will be chosen by the admin, if you feel that despite your contribution in giving comments, your work is not being featured, you may note me. Please be patient though; if you are not featured in month, you may be featured in another. Also, another detailed critiquing system is being worked on.
9. You cannot comment/critique your own work.
More rules will be added to this later. If there is any confusion, do please ask!